- Why should I use your service when I can rent my apartment on my own?
Here are the 3 reasons we hear most often from landlords:
Want more reasons? See what DC rental owners say about us.
- Speed. We rent out apartments much faster than landlords do on their own. Our service usually pays for itself or saves you money.
- Convenience. Tired of dealing with flakey renters? Urban Igloo's DC-area agents market your property, schedule appointments, show your place, handle the lease and more.
- Quality control. We screen all renters and ensure they’re a good fit. Isn't that worth a lot more than 1 month's rent?
- How does your pricing work?
You only pay if one of our renters signs a lease with you. And you only pay us once, no matter how long that renter stays with you.
If you're an individual rental owner, you pay 1 month's rent.
If you're a multi-unit landlord, contact us for custom pricing.
- How do I post my apartment on your site?
If you're an individual rental owner, fill out our online property form. It takes 10 minutes, and we review and approve it within 1 business day. An agent will contact you to visit your property and take photos.
If you're a multi-unit landlord, please contact us before posting your properties.
- How do you find good renters?
Our team of DC, VA and MD agents connects with hundreds of local renters daily through:
We not only screen all renters, including credit checks and landlord and employment verification. We shake their hands and get to know them face-to-face.
- Internet marketing on Google, Facebook, Twitter, Zillow, Craigslist and more, drawing over 10,000 hits a day to our website.
- Walk-in traffic at our 2 DC area locations: downtown at Farragut West and on Capitol Hill's Stanton Park.
- DC area events and relationships with employers like the World Bank and universities like Georgetown, AU and GW.
- What happens when a qualified renter wants my place?
A renter completes an application and we send it to you for initial approval. Once approved, we run a credit check on the renter, get a reference from their previous landlord, and verify their employment status.
Once we submit this information for your final approval, we begin the lease signing process. We use lease forms authorized by the Association of Realtors, which include the appropriate regulations to protect both the landlord and renter. We are also happy to use a lease that you provide.
- How long does the entire process take?
- The average time is 28 days. Properties in prime locations often go within 1 week -- and we've placed renters in as little as 3 days.
- Who are the agents that help me find a renter?
- You work only with Urban Igloo agents. All are based in the DC/VA/MD area, all are licensed, and all specialize in rentals.
- Do you do property management?
- Yes! With this service our property management partners handle rent collection, repairs and maintenance, and more. Learn more about this service.
- Can I still market and show my apartment on my own if I use Urban Igloo?
- Definitely. Our service is non-exclusive and we only take credit for renters we send your way.